Arus Pelangi was established in 2006 to fill the void of the human rights protection of LGBTIQ persons in Indonesia. Arus Pelangi has tried to play leading role in the LGBTIQ rights movement through four strategic pillars: advocacy, campaign, education and community organizing. More information about Arus Pelangi can be found on www.ArusPelangi.Org.
Arus Pelangi is seeking for an Governance & Organizational Development Expert (Consultancy) to support in developing an organizational assessment tool and to conduct capacity assessment along with producing capacity building strategies.
The whole process is expected to be highly participatory and community driven. The role of the Expert primarily in sharing experiences, facilitating processes & exchange of knowledge and experiences, and in consolidating results.
The tool will be developed based on tools that is already used by Arus Pelangi in the past. The tool design will be conducted through a desk-based process & dialogue with Arus Pelangi management team. Whereas, the capacity assessment & capacity building strategies will be developed through a 3 days workshop with management of Arus Pelangi and its active member’s organization that will take place between 30 October to 1 November 2017.
The Expert is expected to submit a capacity assessment tools by 27 October 2017 and a capacity assessment report in Indonesian language by the end of the assignment (the first week of November 2017).
The Expert must meet the following criteria:
- Able to take part in a workshop on dates described above, and committed to meet the deliverables in accordance to the deadlines,
- Has more than 5 years experience in community development, particularly in governance and organizational development, preferable with relevant education background,
- Has good facilitation and writing skills, and experienced in facilitating participatory and community driven processes and dialogues,
- Has very good understanding and acceptance of SOGIESC, LGBTIQ, and diverse gender and sexualities, preferably has experiences engaging and/ or collaborating with LGBTIQ communities/ organizations in the past,
- Has a good level of understanding in English (the past capacity assessment tools used by Arus Pelangi are in English language), and
- Owns good personality, such as honest, integrity, objectivity, good character, interpersonal communication ability, and non-bias towards: SOGIESC, groups, religion, race, and ethnic,
Interested applicants are required to submit an expression of interest along with the most recent curriculum vitae and daily rate to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 October 2017. Only short-listed candidates that will be contacted by Arus Pelangi.