Arus Pelangi was established in 2006 to fill the void of the human rights protection of LGBTI persons in Indonesia. Arus Pelangi has tried to play leading role in the LGBTI rights movement through four strategic pillars: advocacy, campaign, education and community organizing. More information about Arus Pelangi can be found on www.ArusPelangi.Org
Arus Pelangi is seeking for an External Evaluator (Consultancy) to evaluate its project to reduce violence, stigma, and discrimination towards LGBTI people in Indonesia that has been implemented between 2010 to present. The evaluation will combine desk review, field visitation, and discussion, where the process is planned to take place for 18 days in September 2017. The Evaluator is expected to submit a written report in English by the end of the assignment.
One independent evaluator (female/male/trans) will conduct the external evaluation towards Arus Pelangi and its programs. As evaluator, he/she must objectively evaluate and report strengths, weaknesses, successes and failures of Arus Pelangi’s programs. As evaluator they has to own credibility, both in expertise and independency. They must be competent, have high integrity, and able to value NGO’s work. Therefore, in choosing the evaluator, Arus Pelangi uses the following criteria:
- Independent and has no relation with Arus Pelangi,
- Education and formal trainings background fulfill the requirement as evaluator,
- Methodology and philosophy fit Arus Pelangi needs,
- Experienced in evaluating other NGOs,
- Owns good personality, such as honest, integrity, objectivity, good character, interpersonal communication ability, and non-bias towards: SOGIESC, groups, religion, race, and ethnic,
- The candidate shall have adequate understanding on human rights issues in general and LGBTI issues in particular that become Arus Pelangi concern; and
- The candidate shall have adequate understanding about NGO management, including a good knowledge of planning, monitoring and evaluation methods.
Interested applicants are required to submit an expression of interest along with the most recent curriculum vitae and daily rate to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 August 2017. Detailed Terms of Reference of the External Evaluation will be provided to the short listed candidates.